The first from the new camera on railpictures.net!

The persistently cloudy weather these days has been discouraging. But good things (sometimes) come to those who wait. All I needed was a few minutes of cooperation from the weather, and luck was on my side, just as the sun was about to dip below the Cologner skyline.



I had to do quite a bit of cropping to get the result I wanted. Although it was a 50mm f/1.5 Voigtländer Nokton lens I had used, the end result was probably closer to something from a 90mm lens. Focusing on a rangefinder on a 50mm lens was easy enough for this shot since all I had to do was leaving it at infinity. The aperture was closed down to something like f/5.6 or f/8, although I probably had enough light to go all the way down to f/16. I didn't want to take a chance with moving trains and depth-of-field wasn't an issue here.

Having metered the bright sky before I clicked my shutter, I was pleasantly surprised about how clean the shadows were once I brought them up in Lightroom. This heartbreakingly beautiful Leica M Typ 262 is my first full-frame camera, and maybe this is all the rage people had with them? Because I would've expected to have to do a little more messing around with de-noise and so on had I taken this photo with my 70D.

I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of making this photograph. It's been fun working with a rangefinder camera and I'm really looking forward to the many years to come with this hefty little thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeding my GAS

Steady, Ready, Go

Where has the time gone