Vorsicht bei der einfahrt

I have to confess. Lately, updating my old blog, Train of the Week, on a rigid weekly schedule, had become a bit of a chore. Although it has been around for longer than I originally expected about half-dozen years ago, it still doesn't feel all that good to phase it out, regardless of whether or not anyone actually reads it.

No, the trains are not going away. This new blog, although still mostly railroad-themed, will be more than just trains. And, hopefully, without restricting myself to a schedule that sometimes I dread, the content will become of higher quality again. And of course, none of that is actually the main point. The success of this refresh will be defined by the re-ignition of my interest in blogging. I want to make blogging fun for myself again.

Before I stop typing, the unsightly URL of this blog, "wenige Minuten Später," German for "a few minutes late," is a common occurrence in my experience of living in Germany so far. So is the phrase "vorsicht bei der enfahrt," which I loosely draw an equivalency to "all aboard" (although it really means caution, the train is arriving), which can be heard over, and over again at train stations. I can't claim to speak much German, if at all, but I'll let these phrases serve a reminder of my eyeopening experience in Europe (which will come an end soon), and live with me for the next while to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeding my GAS

Steady, Ready, Go

Where has the time gone